How do I void or delete a 1095-C?
A Form 1095-C can be deleted from your filing only if it has not already been filed.
A Form 1095-C can be 'voided' if you have already submitted it to the IRS.
Please find our guidance on this below.
Before a form has been filed:
If you have not yet e-filed your forms, you can delete a form by doing the following:
First, go to your filing overview page (as shown below).
Then, select the forms you'd like to delete by clicking the checkbox to the left of the employee name in the eligible employee grid (as shown below).
After you've selected all of the forms to delete select the options button (depicted below), then click 'delete' from the menu.
After a form has been filed:
After a form has been e-filed, there is not a direct way to void or delete it. Instead, the IRS has recommended:
- Line 14 should show Code "1H” in “All 12 Months”
- Line 15 should not have a value, since code 1H was used in Line 14.
- Line 16 should show “2A” in “All 12 Months”
- Remove all covered individuals.
This can be done very easily in BoomTax by doing the following:
- First, go to your filing overview page (as shown below), then go to the employee form by clicking on the name of the employee in blue.
- Once in the employee form, select the 'void form' button from the menu on the right (shown below).
Doing this will "void" the form as recommended by the IRS.