How do I void or delete a 1095-C?
A form can be voided or deleted, depending on if it has already been filed. Please find our guidance on this below.
Before a form has been filed:
After a form has been filed:After a form has been e-filed, there is not a direct way to void or delete it. Instead, the IRS has recommended:
- Line 14 should show Code "1H” in “All 12 Months”
- Line 15 should not have a value, since code 1H was used in Line 14.
- Line 16 should show “2A” in “All 12 Months”
- Remove all covered individuals.
This can be done very easily in BoomTax by doing the following:
- First, go to your filing overview page (as shown below), then go to the employee form by clicking on the name of the employee in blue.
- Once in the employee form, select the 'void form' button from the menu on the right (shown below).
Doing this will "void" the form as recommended by the IRS.